Tuesday, February 10, 2009

ICT in Lipat Kajang


My working station in Kuantan. Good enough for an old man.

It must have been 5 or 6 years ago, that I happened to meet two Lipat Kajang-ites in Temerloh who told me that they were in town to learn IT. I was surprise as I was unsure if Lipat Kajang had got IT facilities. But I did not asked further, as they told me that they were learning how to check voters list. Fine I thought.

I will be frank here, I do not know if Lipat Kajang has got any PC or similar in the kampong. I would imagine that the Sekolah Kebangsaan Lipat Kajang may have IT facilities, but very basic. I will have to check and confirm that. Any others? I do not know.

Talking to some people from Lipat Kajang, I have been told that it is difficult to connect to internet in Lipat Kajang as well. The reason? The TM (Telekom Malaysia) hard line seems to be down for a long time when its down, for one reason or another. Mostly because of some tree branches or a tree itself fallen on these lines thus cutting communication. And the TM repair team may take a few weeks or months to repair such breakdown, so I am told. If that is the case then TM is not consumer friendly. And it is a waste to have Streamyx hard line communication facilities in the kampong. So Lipat Kajang seems to be purposely left in the dark on ICT. I am just guessing.


Lipat Kajang people (or decendents) are encouraged to participate& contribute (Orang Lipat Kajang, atau keturunan, di jemput memberi sumbangan idea)

2 comments:

  1. From the comment by the Guru Besar (Headmaster) of Sekolah Kebangsaan Lipat Kajang, in one of the topics in our blog, I sense that there is internet access in the kampong. At least to the School. With that in mind, I am sure that the broadband signals should be able to cater for a few more broadband customers in the nearby houses. Has ever any of the kampong folks applied for a broadband line in the past or recently?
    I mentioned earlier that TM takes too long to repair any damaged (downed) line. But TM repair gang has got KPI I am told. Not sure of the figure, perhaps 1 day or 2. If they do not meet their KPI figure I am sure we can report the matter to their Head Office. Kampong folks may not know about the KPI, but we can assist to make a report to the TM Head Office if we have the full info of the downed line and the period when reported and when the repair gang comes. Anyway I believe that even at the TM end they must have indicators to show which lines are down, and the needed actions. Are they just being inefficient?

    ReplyDelete
  2. knowing from experience, fault response time for a service provider is very critical in the telecom sector, but i'm not sure about TM
    with due respect, "old habits die hard" is applicable even to the folks of Kg LK in many aspects
    ...in dire need of a drastic change

    ReplyDelete